DATE: SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2021
START LINE LOCATIONS:
HALFATHON: MADEIRA BEACH CITY HALL
10K: SEMINOLE CITY PARK
HALFATHON: 7:05 a.m.
10K: 7:20 a.m.
• For your convenience, instead of packet pickup, all bibs for registered athletes will be sent via US First Class Mail on Saturday, November 27, and then on a daily basis.
READ MORE ABOUT PACKET PICKUP…
About the Holiday Distance Classic Halfathon and 10K
Get in the spirit and jingle all the way to the finish line at our Florida Holiday Halfathon & 10K. In our 20th year, this race has become a Holiday tradition as you join Santa, elves, and other runners at this festive point-to-point race and get rewarded with a beautiful Holiday-themed medal.
The Halfathon’s flat, fast and visually varied course starts in Madeira Beach and ends at Largo’s Taylor Park, while the 10K starts in Seminole City Park and joins the Half course with the same finish line at Taylor Park. You’ll run through exclusive residential and commercial areas in our beach communities, along smoothly paved Pinellas Trail, and through shaded public parks.
Average weather in December: Low 52˚,
Covid Protocol at The Race
As our participants’ safety is ALWAYS our top priority, we are implementing several COVID Safety Protocols for everyone’s protection.
• Face masks while not running on the course are encouraged, but not mandatory. Your choice.
• Face masks will be required on the shuttle bus.
• Pre-race, we will line up with social distancing in place.
• On the courses, aid stations will have 8 oz. bottled water only.
• At the finish line, 16 oz water bottles will be self serve.
• After you finish your race, finisher medals, race shirts, food, and beverage will be self-serve in individually wrapped servings.
• Athletes are welcome to use nearby pavilions, picnic tables and grassy areas to relax and recover.
• Awards for overall, master, grandmaster and Age Group Champions will be mailed by First Class Mail.
• Race Day Safety Protocols will be included in your runner notes and are posted at our website:
Wow! Another awesome job by you and your support team. It’s my fourth year in a row, and the race just gets better every year. My friends and I race everywhere, but your race always sets the standard! Thanks again, and see you next year.
– Jim Moore, Sarasota, FL
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, staging races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
The Starfish Challenge
The only year-long runners’ Challenge in Tampa Bay! Sorry, but due to COVID-19, we had to suspend the Challenge for this year. As with all races, we hope that we can resume our Challenge next season. Please stay safe!